Herbal medicine is simple, safe and effective naturopathic tradition of using plants for medicinal purposes.
Modern herbal medicine is based on a variety of healing traditions going back thousands of years, including ancient Greek medicine, Indian Ayurveda, traditional Chinese medicine and many others. Herbs are currently used by 80 per cent of people worldwide for primary healthcare to address a wide array of concerns, including:
Plants absorb vital nutrients from the soil and then process and store them, providing phytochemicals that are recognised by the body as food and are therefore easily absorbed. As herbal medicines work in a gentle and subtle way, they can take longer to take effect than ‘orthodox’ drugs, but their effects are long-lasting and side effects are rare.
Herbalists use active ingredients of leaves, flowers, bark, berries, roots or seeds of medicinal plants as their therapeutic tools. Formulations usually take form of powders, decoctions, creams, macerated oils and alcohol extracts, and most contain several ingredients, all carefully tailored to individual needs.
Glycerine-based syrups that make herbal preparations more palatable, and hence are more suitable for children, are also available. In addition, herbs can be used alongside conventional medicine under supervision of your practitioner.
About Our Resident Practitioners
Jenya welcome patients with a wide array of concerns, including:
• Digestion (IBS, reflux, SIBO, dysbiosis, leaky gut etc)
• Fertility and hormonal health (PMS, PCOS, menopause, infertility, miscarriage, irregular periods, thyroid disorders, diabetes etc)
• Immune system and allergies (hay fever, UTIs, frequent infections, post viral complications, autoimmune conditions etc)
• Fatigue, energy and stamina (chronic fatigue, adrenal exhaustion, insomnia)
• Joints and bones (rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia)
• Heart and circulation (high/low blood pressure, hypercholesterolemia, varicose veins, Raynaud’s etc)
• Skin and hair (eczema, acne, psoriasis, alopecia)
• Nutrition and nourishment (nutrient deficiencies, excess toxicity)
• Mental and Emotional health (anxiety, SAD, depression)
Additionally, to address most common health goals such as immunity support, energy boost, stress reduction, improved digestion, hay fever support, mood boost Jenya has created Cloud Twelve herbal range of remedies, which includes teas, botanical vinegars and tinctures alongside remedies for kids.
Jenya Di Pierro
Jenya Di Pierro is the Founder & CEO, Naturopath, Herbalist & Homeopath of Cloud Twelve.
With qualifications in herbal medicine and homeopathy from the College of Naturopathic Medicine, Jenya's goal is to undertake a comprehensive assessment of her clients’ physiological and nutritional imbalances, including presenting complaints, digestive capacity, diet, supplements, medication, lifestyle and other factors which comprise their well-being. When required she will do functional testing to uncover the root cause of the health issue. The unique treatment plan will include herbal remedies, lifestyle recommendations and, where appropriate, dietary changes or nutritional supplements.
Katie specialises in perinatal mothers & welcomes patients with a wide range of concerns, including:
• Digestion (heartburn, nausea, constipation, loose stools, dysbiosis, IBS, leaky gut)
• Skin (itchiness, dry, cracked, sore, stretch marks, oedema, eczema)
• Sleep (restless legs, insomnia, light sleeping, discomfort, nightmares)
• Energy (maternal depletion, deficiency, anaemia, brain fog, adrenal and thyroid support)
• Mood (anxiety, irritability, ‘baby blues’, stress relief, mood swings, traumatic birth)
• Early physical recovery (afterpains, perineum healing, lochia & uterine health, lactation, breast health & mastitis)
• Immunity (allergies, UTIs, general infections, autoimmunity)
• Baby (cradle cap, colic, yeast infection, nappy rash, teething, conjunctivitis, eczema, skin rash)
Naturopath & Herbalist
After having five daughters, and with more than a decade of personal experience to draw upon, she came to the wellness space with a passion to provide truly nourishing perinatal care that empowers women to feel their limitless worth.
Each new mum is unique and has individual needs.
In her herbal practice, Katie offers mothers a comprehensive wellness assessment, the opportunity to debrief the birth, troubleshooting feeding and milk issues, and precision prescriptions tailored to her client’s constitution, needs, and health goals. She blends Western and Eastern assessment, and counselling skills she learnt under mentorship with a psychiatrist.
Founder & CEO, Naturopath, Herbalist & Homeopath
BA, MA, AMH, ANP